Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
The perfect thing as the nights start cooling off is Homemade hot cocoa mix. What better way to know what it is in it than to mix it yourself. This homemade hot cocoa mix is the perfect thing to top off a day picking out a pumpkin for carving.
This came from the fantastic farm bell recipes courtesy of Princess Vanessa.
- 6 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Store mixture in an airtight container.
- To serve, add ¾ cup boiling water to ⅓ cup homemade cocoa mix.
- Stir until dissolved.
- To use as a gift basket goodie: fill a canning jar with mixture and seal with lid and ring, put label with serving instructions on outside of jar, cut a square of pretty fabric, cover lid and ring with fabric held in place by rubber band. Cover rubber band with ribbon or a couple of strands of raffia.
This is one of those perfect mixes to make sure you have plenty of as the weather cools. Homemade hot cocoa mix will deliver with a warm cup of refreshing goodness.