Prepper Style Low Country Boil
The recent celebration of Independence Day gave us the opportunity to do a Prepper Style Low Country Boil. Something that could be done in on pot and could also be cooked over hot coals. It was a huge success.
- 1 Large Guinness Beer
- Enough Water to Cover All Ingredients
- 1 Bag Zatarain’s Crawfish, Shrimp, and Crab Boil
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Pounds New Potatoes
- 2 Pounds Kielbasa Sausage
- 8 ears of Corn dehusked
- 2 pounds of Lump Crab Meat (optional)
- 3 pounds of Shrimp
- 2 Fresh Lemons
- Pour Beer and finish filling with Water
- Heat over fire or coals.
- Add Zatarain’s and Old Bay to taste and bring to a boil
- Add potatoes and sausage and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the corn and crab and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat
- Drain the liquid
- Pour contents over a newspaper lined table
- Squeeze Two lemons over food
- Dig in and Enjoy
The prepper style low country boil is a delicious treat that takes ingredients from the sea and turns into a wonderful meal that is guaranteed to promote fellowship.
We leave our shrimp with the shell on until they hit the table and it maximizes the flavor. It was our treat to introduce some friends to this and they were amazed at the simplicity and convenience of the prepper style low country boil.
What about you can you think of any more dishes that match the goodness and simplicity of the prepper style low country boil?