If you could not tell from our earlier topic about cast iron we have been perfecting camping waffles. By using a cast iron waffle maker we can have waffles at home or camping. There is not much change in how they are cooked except how the heat is applied.
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat Waffle Iron
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl with whisk until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mix onto hot waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown making sure to flip waffle iron once.
It gives me great joy to serve waffles the same way my ancestors did. You can do it at home or over a campfire, but either way camping waffles are a treat.