Preppers Pound Cake
When you need to solve the sweet tooth dilemma reach no farther than the Preppers Pound cake. I adapted the recipe from the Almond Pound Cake and we have been enjoying the taste tests.
Designed to use a lot of simple ingredients that should be part of any well stocked pantry that we have talked about before. It will help make any situation better as it is packed with good taste.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add the butter, vanilla extract,lemon juice, and milk
- Mix well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time
- Spoon batter into greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° until knife inserted in cake comes out clean
Feel free to substitute different extracts into the batch. Orange extract gives it a very pleasing taste as well. A little glaze on top can even take it to a another level. There is a reason the versatile pound cake was a hit years ago.