Creamy Chicken Casserole
On tap is a delicious creamy chicken casserole! It can take some of your chicken or rabbit and turn it into a great meal for the family. This is one that can be done in the oven or a dutch oven. Of course I would cook it covered in the dutch oven.
- 3 cups chicken, cooked
- 10 ¾ ounces soup cream of chicken, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 ½ cups crackers, buttery, crushed
- ¼ c. butter, with salt,melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients;
- Spoon into a lightly greased 11x7x1.5″ baking dish.
- Combine crushed crackers and butter, and sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
I meant to take some pictures of this when it was ready, but it was gone too quickly. Sometimes my wife also puts poppy seeds in with the meal and it certainly makes it taste different.
We made the creamy chicken casserole with rabbit this time. It is a great dish to make with any white meat. The children do not even mind when the cute rabbits are on meal when it tastes this good.