Simplicity Mac and Cheese
This is one of those meals that guarantee good success but Simplicity Mac and Cheese makes sure it is easy and rich for the table. I first became associated with this recipe over at Farm Bell Recipes as it is called Amish Mac and Cheese probably due to it’s simple methods. I highly doubt it is something to be found on an Amish table with the ingredients as is.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2½ cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese- cubed
- 4 cups cold milk
- In an oven proof 2 quart container combine melted butter and uncooked macaroni.
- Stir well to coat all pasta with butter.
- Cover with 8 ounces cubed Velveeta.
- Pour 4 cups cold milk over pasta and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 1½ hours.
- ***Do not stir while baking!***