All American Canner
All American Canner is the workhorse of the pressure canning industry. Here are some of the highlights on the 921 model:
- 21-1/2-quart pressure cooker/canner holds 19 pint jars or 7 quart jars
- Made of durable, hand-cast aluminum with attractive satin finish
- Exclusive “metal-to-metal” sealing system for a steam-tight seal; no gaskets
- Geared steam gauge, automatic overpressure release; settings of 5 psi, 10 psi, and 15 psi
- 15-3/8 inches high with 12-1/4-inch inside diameter; made in USA
You can purchase an All American canner many places, but I believe Amazon has very good prices and reviews. It is rare to find anything Made in the USA, but the Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry delivers a solid product that will no doubt last many years.
In this household we have been looking at ways to preserve food without power for years. That of course led us to look at canning. This is a process that was first developed under Napolean to enable his warriors a way to carry food with them during war.
There have been many changes in home canning over the last 30 years. When we were looking for a pressure canner we wanted a metal to metal seal versus a gasket. That means we do not have to worry about the gasket wearing out. We wanted to have a weighted gauge system instead of a dial gauge that needs to be tested yearly. We found the All American canner met all of those needs.
We like the metal to metal seal and the weighted gauge and it scores big points with the fact that it is Made in the USA. It truly makes it the All American Canner. When you take it out of the box you know that the purchase is something that will be passed down through the generations if it is taken care of.
We have been very happy with our All American Canner. It has been happily canning foods for us for almost 2 years.